Thursday, February 17, 2011

if it's important to me then it's important to Him

i was just thinking today how awesome it is that Heavenly Father cares about everything that is going on in our lives, and how strong the power of faith can be. i remember teaching people on my mission that they could pray about anything at all that they wanted to. "if it's important to you, then it's important to Heavenly Father because He loves you and you are important to Him" i would teach. i knew this before, but i love how certain experiences in life help me to re-teach different principles to myself.

over the last few weeks i've had some trouble sleeping through the night. i've never really had a problem with this in my life, so it was particularly difficult to experience now. it seemed that i would fall asleep just fine, but i would wake up repeatedly throughout the night resulting in a less than restful night's sleep. there was one night that it got really bad and i was awake for a couple hours each time i awoke in the night despite feeling exhausted. i had started taking some medicines to help me sleep, but i don't particularly like doing that and don't want to get in the habit of taking that kind of stuff. i asked mike if he would give me a blessing before bed the next night and he did (i love having the priesthood in my home!!!). Heavenly Father told me He would help me to sleep through the night and get back into a regular sleep cycle. that night i slept great and have every night since :) similarly, mike was having a hard time sleeping last night and he woke me up and i said a prayer asking specifically that mike would be able to get to sleep. before i knew it he was sound asleep :) i know that not being able to fall/stay asleep isn't a huge deal in the big scheme of things, but Heavenly Father knew that it was important enough to us to ask for His help, and that meant it was important to Him. i think it's cool how sometimes all it takes is our asking. certainly there are times when more is required, but simply exercising our faith by asking can do alot. i sure love Heavenly Father :)

1 comment: